Monash Freeway Upgrade – Stage 2
We commenced construction for Stage 2 in early 2020 and expect to complete construction in 2022.
For Stage 2, we'll:
- add 36kms of new lanes on the Monash and Princes Freeways, between:
- Warrigal Road and EastLink outbound
- EastLink to Springvale Road inbound
- Clyde Road to Cardinia Road, in both directions.
- connect Police Road to the freeway with an outbound on-ramp
- connect the Jacksons Road outbound ramps directly to EastLink with a separate road
- install smart, on-road technology across the project, including extending the lane-use management system from the South Gippsland Freeway to Beaconsfield interchange
- upgrade O’Shea Road to three lanes in each direction between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extend O’Shea Road to join the Beaconsfield interchange – we’ll also upgrade the interchange by adding an inbound freeway off-ramp and an outbound freeway on-ramp
- build a shared walking and cycling path along O’Shea Road between Clyde Road, Berwick and the Princes Highway, Beaconsfield.
Visit the Monash Freeway Upgrade webpage for more information.
View the latest Monash Freeway Upgrade disruptions.