Monash Freeway Upgrade – O'Shea Road
As part of stage 2 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade, we’re upgrading O’Shea Road to reduce congestion and provide easier access to the Princes Freeway.
As part of the project, we’ll:
- upgrade O’Shea Road to three lanes in each direction between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extend O’Shea Road to join the Beaconsfield interchange
- upgrade the Beaconsfield interchange to a full diamond interchange – we’ll add an inbound freeway off-ramp and an outbound freeway on-ramp
- add traffic lights at Skyline Way, Bridgewater Boulevard and Soldiers Road with included pedestrian crossings
- upgrade the intersection at Clyde Road
- upgrade and extend the shared walking and cycling paths along O’Shea Road, including a new pedestrian bridge over the Pakenham railway line.
Visit the O'Shea Road webpage for more information.
View the latest O'Shea Road disruptions.