Western Roads Upgrade – Dohertys Road
On Dohertys Road, we’ve:
- added an extra lane in each direction from Palmers Road to Foundation Road and from Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Parade
- built a second bridge over the Princes Freeway, to improve road capacity and traffic flow
- upgraded six intersections, including new traffic lights at the entrance of Port Phillip Prison, Fitzgerald Road and Hume Road, and new roundabouts at Gordon Luck Avenue, Cherry Lane and Cyanamid Street
- built a new overpass for the Federation Trail for cyclists and pedestrians to safely cross Dohertys Road
- created a new walking and cycling path along the west side of Dohertys Road.
Visit the Western Roads Upgrade webpage for more information.