South Gippsland Highway
We’re realigning a stretch of the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan, locally known as the Black Spur.
As part of the project, we will:
- build a new section of highway between Old Koonwarra-Meeniyan Road and Minns Road to reduce the length of highway from 3.4km to 2.3km
- remove nine sharp corners
- build two new bridges over the Tarwin River
- build an underpass east of the new Caithness Road intersection for the Great Southern Rail Trail
- realign the Great Southern Rail Trail under the new river bridge at Minns Road
- close off access to the old section of highway to through traffic east of Caithness Road while retaining access for local residents
- keep access to Caithness Road by a new intersection and upgrades to the existing intersection at Minns Road
- install safety barriers.
Visit the South Gippsland Highway webpage for more information.