O'Herns Road Upgrade – Stage 2
Stage 2 of the O’Herns Road Upgrade will provide direct access to the Hume Freeway via new on and off-ramps. We’ll also widen the bridge over the freeway and build three traffic light intersections to deliver improved north-south connections between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road, making it easier for you to travel through Melbourne’s north.
For Stage 2, we will:
- add one new lane in each direction between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- build new traffic light intersections at Edgars Road, Gateway Boulevard and Koukoura Drive
- build a new interchange with direct access to the freeway
- widen the bridge over the freeway to help improve traffic flow to the new interchange and match the number of lanes between Redding Rise and Epping Road
- add one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between O’Herns Road and Cooper Street
- continue on-road bike lanes on O’Herns Road from Redding Rise.
Visit the O'Herns Road Upgrade webpage for more information.