Monash Freeway Upgrade – Stage 2
We commenced construction for Stage 2 in early 2020 and expect to complete construction in 2022.
For Stage 2, we'll:
- add 36kms of new lanes on the Monash and Princes Freeways, between:
- Warrigal Road and EastLink outbound
- EastLink to Springvale Road inbound
- Clyde Road to Cardinia Road, in both directions.
- connect Police Road to the freeway with an outbound on-ramp
- connect the Jacksons Road outbound ramps directly to EastLink with a separate road
- install smart, on-road technology across the project, including extending the lane-use management system from the South Gippsland Freeway to Beaconsfield interchange
- upgrade O’Shea Road to three lanes in each direction between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extend O’Shea Road to join the Beaconsfield interchange – we’ll also upgrade the interchange by adding an inbound freeway off-ramp and an outbound freeway on-ramp
- build a shared walking and cycling path along O’Shea Road between Clyde Road, Berwick and the Princes Highway, Beaconsfield.
Visit the Monash Freeway Upgrade webpage for more information.