M80 Upgrade – Sydney Road to Edgars Road
The M80 Ring Road is one of Melbourne’s busiest and largest freeways, spanning 38 kilometres between Laverton North and Greensborough.
We’re delivering the M80 Upgrade in stages to minimise disruption to motorists and residents.
What we’re doing:
- adding new lanes in each direction between Sydney Road and Edgars Road
- installing a smart freeway lane management system to better manage traffic flow
- extending the Sydney Road on and off ramps to give drivers more time to merge
- building new on and off ramps at Edgars Road to improve safety
- improving access from the Hume Freeway to the M80 Ring Road and Edgars Road
- installing ramp-metering technology to manage the flow of traffic onto the freeway
- upgrading the cycling and pedestrian bridge.
Visit the M80 Upgrade webpage for more information.