Ison Road Rail Overpass
The project will include construction of a road overpass bridge across the Melbourne-Geelong Railway line, extending the road south towards Browns Road and connecting with a section of Ison Road to be constructed by Wyndham City Council.
The project scope includes opportunities for active transport, including a shared user path and dedicated bike lanes on both carriageways.
The project aims to:
- provide a vital link to the developing residential areas of Wyndham West to the Princes Freeway to Melbourne and Geelong.
- provide Wyndham West residents access to surrounding areas and broader transport networks
- support urban growth and housing development in this high-growth area
- reduce traffic in central Werribee, thereby reducing congestion and improving journey reliability to Princes Freeway and the Werribee Town Centre
- improve amenity and safety of local streets and Werribee Town Centre.
Visit the Ison Road Rail Overpass webpage for more information.