Fitzsimons Lane Upgrade
The Fitzsimons Lane Upgrade includes:
- new traffic lights at the Main Road and Leane Drive intersection
- traffic lights to replace roundabouts at the Fitzsimons Lane and Main Road intersection and Fitzsimons Lane and Porter Street intersection
- an upgraded signalised intersection at Williamsons Road and Foote Street
- opening bus lanes to all vehicle use between Porter and Foote Streets
- relocation of the iconic River Peel structure
- new walking and cycling paths
- safety barriers at key locations.
The upgrade reduces congestion in peak periods to provide more reliable travel times, improves safety and makes walking and cycling around the community safer.
Visit the Fitzsimons Lane Upgrade webpage for more information.
Visit the Fitzsimons Lane Upgrade interactive map.