On 30 June 2020, the new 6.4km road opened to traffic from Grubb Road through to Whitcombes Road.
This important $117 million bypass gives heavy vehicles, commuters and businesses an alternative route out of the centre of Drysdale, improving safety and easing congestion on the Bellarine.
The upgrade provides many benefits to locals and visitors including:
- fewer trucks on High Street, making the centre of Drysdale safer
- less congestion at peak times at the intersection of Portarlington, Grubb and Jetty Roads
- a shared walking and cycling path along the bypass, plus additional paths to connect to existing ones
- safer access to schools, including building an underpass for pedestrians
- smoother and more efficient travel along the Bellarine Peninsula, especially during holiday season.
Visit the Drysdale Bypass webpage for more information.