South Road Upgrade
The Victorian and Federal Governments are committed to upgrading South Road, a key east-west arterial road that links the Nepean Highway to the Dingley Bypass.
The South Road Upgrade will upgrade five key intersections to remove bottlenecks and improve safety:
- construction of a new citybound right turn lane on South Road to improve access to Nepean Highway
- modifying the South Road, Jasper Road and Taylor Street intersection to improve traffic flow and safety
- installing a signalised pedestrian crossing at Tucker Road
- new right turn lane from South Road to East Boundary Road, with improvements to the left turn slip lanes and pedestrian crossings at the intersection
- install traffic lights at the Bignell Road intersection, including new pedestrian crossings to improve traffic flow and safety.
Visit the South Road Upgrade webpage for more information.
Visit the South Road Upgrade interactive map.