Pakenham Roads Upgrade
The project will be delivered in 3 stages, with upgrades to the Princes Freeway the first to get underway.
The Princes Freeway Upgrade includes:
- upgrading the freeway interchanges at Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road, replacing both roundabouts with traffic lights
- building an extra bridge over the Princes Freeway at Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road to provide 2 lanes in each direction
- building new east-facing ramps to and from the Princes Freeway at McGregor Road
- adding an extra lane in each direction on the freeway between McGregor and Healesville-Koo Wee Rup roads to connect the entry and exit ramps between the 2 interchanges
- adding extra lanes on Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road between Peet Street and Southeast Boulevard/Livestock Way, so that it is 2 lanes in each direction
- installing new shared walking and cycling paths to improve pedestrian and cyclist connectivity
- installing safety barriers and new street lighting to improve safety.
Visit the Pakenham Roads Upgrade website.