We're completing the final stages of the O'Herns Road Upgrade - click through for more images.
We’ve opened all new lanes on O’Herns Road and the interchange to the Hume Freeway.
As part of the upgrade, we built:
- a new interchange with direct access to the Hume Freeway
- one new lane in each direction on O’Herns Road between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- new traffic light intersections at Edgars Road and Gateway Boulevard
- a wider bridge over the Hume Freeway to improve traffic flow to the new interchange
- a new and upgraded walking cycling path and on-road bicycle lane.
We’ve also installed new traffic lights at the future Koukoura Drive intersection. The remaining connection will be built by Development Victoria.